I just had a baby…When is the best time for me to have a Pool Safety Fence installed in Tampa Bay?
It is never too soon to install a Pool safety fence. It is often best to have a swimming pool safety fence installed while your baby is still in the infant stage before they begin to walk or crawl. Installing a pool safety fence gives you peace of mind and also gives your friends and family that may also have babies or toddlers a sense of comfort when they come to visit.
The National Safety Council, pediatricians and most drowning prevention committees recommended to install a pool safety fence or other baby barrier like a Swimming Pool Safety Net or Pool Safety Cover by the time the baby is between the ages of 6 to 9 months old.What is the ATSM Standard?
Designation: F 2286 – 05
Standard Design and Performance Specification for
Removable Mesh Fencing for Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs,
This standard is issued under the fixed designation F 2286; the number immediately following the designation indicates the year oforiginal adoption or, in the case of revision, the year of last revision. A number in parentheses indicates the year of last reapproval. A superscript epsilon (e) indicates an editorial change since the last revision or reapproval.
1.1 This specification outlines the performance and design requirements for removable mesh safety barriers used for barriers for swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas to reduce the incidence of injuries or death for infants and children up to and including five years of age.
1.2 The values stated in inch-pound units are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in parentheses are for information only.
1.3 This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and to determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
2. Referenced Documents2.1 ASTM Standards: 2 D 3787 Test Method for Bursting Strength of Textiles—Constant-Rate-of-Traverse (CRT) Ball Burst Test D 5034 Test Method for Breaking Strength and Elongation of Textile Fabrics (Grab Test) F 1908 Guide for Fences for Residential Outdoor Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs, and Spas G 154 Practice for Operating Fluorescent Light Apparatus for UV Exposure of Nonmetallic Materials
2.2 ANSI Standards:3 ANSI Z97.1 Glazing Materials Used in Buildings, Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test ANSI Z535.4 Product Safety Signs and Labels
2.3 ANSI/NSPI Standard:3 ANSI/NSPI-8 Standard for Model Barrier Code for Residential Swimming Pools
3.1.1 See ANSI/NSPI-8 and Guide F 1908 for specific terms.
3.2 Definitions of Terms Specific to This Standard:
3.2.1 grade, n—surfaces including concrete, brick, tile, wood, metal, or similar rigid surface used as foundation for mesh safety barriers.
3.2.2 mesh safety barrier, n—barrier composed of fabric mesh, support posts, hardware, and other assembly components.
4. Design and Performance Requirements
4.1 The top of a fence or wall used as a barrier shall be a minimum of 48 in. (1.2 m) above the grade adjacent to the exterior side of the barrier.
4.2 Distance between vertical support poles and attached mesh, along with other manufactured factors, shall be so
designed and fabricated to hinder children’s ability to climb.
4.3 Decorative details, if provided or added, shall not afford the ability of children to climb the mesh safety barrier.
4.4 When a hinged gate is used in addition to, or as part of the mesh safety barrier, the gate shall be self-closing, selflatching,
accommodate a locking device and open outward from the pool, spa, or hot tub. The self-latching and lockable devices for gates shall be located at a minimum height of 54 in.(1.37 m) above grade and be mounted on the outside of the gate. An additional support or plate may be necessary to raise
the device to 54 in. (1.37 m).
NOTE 1—Hinged gates in accordance with 4.4 are recommended for use with removable mesh fencing for swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas.
4.5 There shall be a clear zone of at least 20 in. (50 cm) between the barrier and pool/spa/hot tub.
4.6 The fence shall have at least 40 % open space to allow visibility from outside to inside of the pool area.
NOTE 2—The “open space” is calculated by using total area and subtracting the area of opaque supports and mesh.
4.7 The mesh safety barrier shall be removable when desired.
1 This specification is under the jurisdiction of ASTM Committee F15 on
Consumer Products and is the direct responsibility of Subcommittee F15.49 on Pool Safety Standards.
Current edition approved Jan. 1, 2005. Published January 2005.2 For referenced ASTM standards, visit the ASTM website, www.astm.org, or contact ASTM Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Annual Book of ASTM Standards volume information, refer to the standard’s Document Summary page on the ASTM website.Are Pool Fences really necessary?
Florida ranks #1 in drowning for children under 4 years old. In Tampa Bay, 80% occur in unsecured home pools. Pool Safety Fences can help save lives. The following chart is from the Florida Department of Children and Families:
What areas of Florida do you cover for sale of Pool Fences?
We sell and install Pool Fences throughout Florida but the majority of our customers are in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco CountiesWhere can I find more information on pool safety for children in Florida?
The Florida Department of Health has an excellent Web site with loads of information on pool safety: http://www.watersmartfl.com/Where can I get information on what permits are needed for pool projects in Hillsborough, Florida?
You can find information on getting pool related permits at the following Web Sites:
- Tampa Bay area Pool Permit Information: https://www.tampagov.net/construction-services/info/information-portal/residential/pool—spa
- Hillsborough County Florida Web Site: https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/businesses/permits-and-records.
Will holes have to be drilled into my pool deck for the installation of my pool fencing?
Yes, we drill 1 inch holes into your concrete, paver or other deck surface to secure the pool fence support poles. This is necessary to ensure the fence can provide the pool safety you are looking for in a pool fence.Where can I get information on what permits are needed for pool projects in Lee County, Florida??
You can get information on pool permit requirements for Lee County, Florida here: http://www.leegov.com/dcd/BldPermitServ/AppsProcd/polreqWhat areas of Florida do you sell and install Pool Fences?
Tampa Bay Baby Barrier sells and installs Pool Fencing & Pool gates throughout Florida but the majority of our customers are in the following Central Florida Areas:
- Apollo Beach 33572 Pool Fence
- Belleair 33756, 33764 Safety gates and Pool Fence
- Belleair Beach 33786 baby gate pool fence
- Bloomingdale Child pool safety fence 33511, 33594
- Brandon Pool Fence 33510, 33511, 33594
- Carrollwood 33618, 33624
- Citrus Park 33625, 33626
- Clearwater 33756, 33764, 33755, 33767
- Dade City 33523, 33525
- Dover 33527 Pool Safety fence
- Dunedin 34698, 33763
- Fishhawk 33547,33567
- Gibsonton 33534, 33569
- Gulfport 33711, 33707
- Hillsborough County Pool Fence company
- Holiday 34691, 34690/ Hudson 34667
- Indian Rock Beach safety Neting for Pool Safety 33785
- Land O Lakes 34639, 34638, 34637
- Largo Fl Pool Fence company 33771, 33770, 33760
- Lithia 33547, 33567/ Baby fence gate
- Lutz 33559, 33549, 33548/ Swimming pool safety barrier
- New Port Richey 34652, 34653
- New Tampa guard for baby around pool 33647
- Odessa 33556
- Oldsmar 34695, 34677, 33635
- Palm Harbor 34683, 34684
- Pasco County baby fence
- Pinellas County pool fencing installer
- Pinellas Park 33782, 33781, 33777
- Plant City 33563, 33566
- Port Richey 34668,34654
- Redington Shore 33776
- Riverview swimming pool safety products 33569, 33578
- Ruskin 33570
- SaddleBrook 34683
- Safety Harbor Pool fence installation 34695, 33759
- San Antonio 33576
- Seffner 33584
- Seminole swimming pool safety Net and Fencing or guard for children 33772, 33744, 33776
- St. Pete 33702, 33703, 33704, 33705, 33706, 33707
- St. Pete Beach 33706
- Sun City Center
- Tampa FL. 33604, 33603, 33607, 33634, 33614
- Tampa Bay number one rated pool fence installation & Baby Barrier for pools
- Tampa Palms 33647
- Tarpon Springs 34689
- Temple Terrace 33617, 33637, 33620
- Thonotosassa 33584, 33592
- Treasure Island 33706
- Trinity 34688
- Valrico 33594
- Wesley Chapel 33544
- Westchase 33626
What Can I Do To Take Care of My Baby Barrier Pool Fence?
The Baby Barrier Pool Fence is made of high-quality materials that can last for many years with some basic care. For details on the care of your Baby Barrier Pool Fence, got to this page on our Tampa Bay Baby Barrier Web site.Pool Safety 1st!
- Address: 1234 Street Name, City Name, United States
- Email: email@example.com
© Copyright 2019. Tampa Bay Baby Barriers. All Rights Reserved.